PhD in Sciences, mention in Physics
- Escuela de Postgrado, Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- +562 29784520
- Beauchef N° 850, Torre Central, 3º Piso, Santiago, Chile
Área del conocimiento
Facultad o Instituto
N° de Decreto
Valor Matrícula 2013: $110.900.-
The graduate program leading to the PhD degree in Sciences, mention in Physics is imparted together by the Faculty of Sciences and the Faculty of Physical Sciences and Mathematics.
Its research fields include condensed matter, nuclear physics, surface physics, magnetism, plasma physics, nonlinear physics and complex systems, statistical physics, fluids, atomic and molecular physics, cosmology and astrophysics, nonlinear optics and matter out of equilibrium.
Our PhD graduates have important positions in national and international research centers. This program has a great number of national and international students.
Students wishing to apply for Doctoral programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or master degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the doctoral program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of application. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or master's diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.